Welcome to BIRA
BIRA has a holistic and integrated approach to risk management and for that purpose has developed several risk assessment courses and risk management software. From experience in the industry, BIRA knows that cost effective management of risks is in many cases a big burden on companies due to lack of the necessary tools. The training that BIRA provides is thus focused on the application of the best risk assessment technique to the problem at hand and to keep the risk assessment current through dedicated software.
BIRA is registered with the Department of Labour as an Approved Inspection Authority (AIA) for Major Hazard Installations (MHI) risk assessments.
- Baseline Risk Assessments – to determine the risk profile per facility, process, department, company etc.
- Issue Based Risk Assessments (Qualitative and/or Quantitative) – to determine the pathways and combinations of events that will result in an unwanted event and to verify the control measures in place or which should be put in place.
- MHI (Major Hazardous Insatllation) risk assessments
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP)
2. Incident Investigations
Determine the root causes of an incident and the control measures to prevent recurrence
3. Risk Management Software
- BIRAM – Complete Real Time Risk Management Tool
- HAZOP – Hazard and Operability Studies
- FaultTree – Fault and Event Tree Analysis
- RCMCost – Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Advanced Risk Assessment (ARA)
- Risk Assessment Techniques and Root Cause Analysis (RAT & RCA)
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
5. Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis (RCM )
Optimize equipment availability, minimize equipment downtime and spares in stock.